October 5, 2021
We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to the following email…CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net
Parents/guardians, please continue to notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. If your child tests positive over a weekend or holiday, please email our nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positive case information will be updated on our website under the COVID-19 Informational Dashboard. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and post the letter on our website. Phone calls will continue to be made to close contact students as well.
Please assess your child(ren) daily for symptoms. Our nursing staff is concerned about the number of sick students coming to school. Please help us, if any symptoms are present, please keep your child at home. Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
There will be a Two Hour Delay for students on Thursday, October 7, 2021. Our teaching staff will be participating in a mental health first aid training to prepare for an all day inservice on NEOEA Day. There is no school for students on Friday, October 8, 2021. The teacher training is part of our Social Emotional focus.
- Conferences for CVMS and CHS are on Thursday, October 7, 2021 from 3:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Appointments are needed.
- Congratulations Canfield High School! GreatSchools.org honored CHS with a Gold 2021 College Success Award!
- Two Canfield High School projects were awarded a $10,000 scholarship to be used to attend an Ohio college, university, or technical college through the Believe in Ohio State Competition. Congratulations to Senior Emma Dodig-Drahotusky for her individual project and the team of Morgan Carey, Madison Puskar, Marisa Scheetz who graduated in 2021.
- Congratulations Josh Greenbaum! He received a Superior in the Federation of Music Clubs piano solo event and the Paderewski Award from The Piano Guild.
- The Canfield High School Boys' Basketball Program will be hosting its 11th annual Cardinals' Basketball Fall Instructional League for current 4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys. Click here for registration information.
- Congratulations Jocelyn Zhao who qualified for Girls Golf Districts!
- Canfield Local School District is beginning to develop a long-term plan that ensures our educational facilities match the goals we set for our students. We are undertaking the ambitious task of preparing a master plan to identify key goals for the district and help us understand potential options for our facilities. To support this process, we want to hear from you. Please complete a brief seven (7) question survey to provide your input to the district. Together, we can identify the best course of action for future Canfield students and our community.
- Food shortages are nationwide, and our district is also experiencing unavailable items or last minute replacements. Menus are subject to charge, but we will do our best to notify you via YumYummi if there are any changes. We appreciate your patience and understanding! We look forward to serving all of our students free lunch this school year!
- It’s National Principals Month and we would like to thank Mr. Flood, Mr. Lavery, Mr. Maroni, Mr. Moldovan, Mr. Rubin and Mr. Shields. Your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated!
- Congratulations to the Canfield Little Cardinals Varsity Cheerleaders and coaches for winning first place in the 2021 M.V.J.F.L. Cheer Extravaganza! Cheerleaders: Laila Acierno, Miranda Benton, Grace Black, Bella Brunk, Sarah Carsonie, Angelina Folsom, Lily Forlina, Callie Kester, Beatrice Kovass, Ava Lombardo, Natalie Mastrangelo, Kayden Meshula, Kenzie Mike, Nyah Navarro, Gianna Nicastro, Sophia Reed, Kynsley Shiele, Ava Semenovich. High School Coaches: Gia Latone, Anna Vennetti, Karsyn Durham, Michela Brown, Sarah Hlywa, Kendall Johnson, Maddie Sahli
- The College Board recognized 55 Canfield students in 2021 based on the results of the Advanced Placement Examinations.
- AP Scholars: Zachary Ahmed, Avery Amedia, Madison Angelo, Ibrahim Barakat, Ryan Bennett, Colin Burdette, Joshua Farley, Amelia Francisco, Lily-Ann LaComb, Phoebe Masters, Julia Mosher, Luke Roman, Ronald Sinkovich, Christopher Smallwood, Jenna Vrable, Jake Yurchison, Morgan Carey, Matthew D’Ippolito, Bridget Fekety, Alexander Haden, Avery Little, Grace Rosko, Meera Sethi, Donald Syrianoudis.
- AP Scholar with Honor: John Bernat, Emma Dodig-Drahotusky, Catherine Esper, Jack Hamilton, John Heino, Jacob Johnso, Bridgett Kelly, Aamna Khan, Cameron Morrison, Jacqueline Palusak, Zane Perrico, Alexis Pomponio, Julia Sansoterra, Matt Scolieri, Aurora Fares, Anna Kan, Nicholas Krcelic, Blake McMurray, Delaney Pallo, Nicholas Pantelakis, Madison Zets
- AP Scholars with Distinction: Maggie Carrier, Aaron Ferguson, Gianni Gaetano, Chloe Hudock, Kate Kadilak, Grace Li, Emily Mashqbeh, Haziq Rabbani, Ty Schaab, Kareena Thakar
Joe Knoll, Superintendent