November 24, 2020
We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net.
- It is highly recommended that parents/guardians notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. All positive case information will be updated on our website under the COVID-19 Informational Dashboard. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and post the letter on our website. All students in the affected classroom will bring home a letter as well. If your child is identified as a close contact (within 6 feet for a cumulative 15 minutes or more), you will be called by school staff or the Health Department.
- The Emergency Remote Learning 2.0 plan is posted on the website. Please take time to read the plan and make sure that you are prepared with childcare in the event that we will need to shift to Emergency Remote Learning for a classroom, school building, or as a district.
- Thanksgiving Recess begins on Wednesday, November 25, 2020. Classes will resume on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- The Cardinal Digital Academy (CDA) is now accepting registrations for the second semester. Students, not currently in the CDA, who want to enroll in the Cardinal Digital Academy must complete the new student registration form on our website no later than Friday, December 4, 2020. Please keep in mind that this is a semester commitment.
- The PTA has extended the Cardinal Mask Spirit Wear sale as a joint effort with the Canfield Covid Task Force to ensure that Canfield can “mask up” and show school/community spirit at the same time. More information on how to order a Cardinal mask by Friday, December 11, 2020, is on our website.
- Thank you to those who supported the Veteran Food Drive over the weekend at the Canfield Fairgrounds. Our student-athletes, coaches, and staff helped to fill over 1,100 cars to feed approximately 4,400 people this Thanksgiving.
- Congratulations Mr. John Tullio! He is retiring with forty-nine years of combined service in Youngstown and Canfield. Enjoy your much deserved retirement my friend.
- Congratulations Coach Mike Pavlansky! He celebrated his 150th career football victory this season vs. Akron SVSM.
- All athletic tickets will be sold online through HomeTown Ticketing. Due to restrictions, athletes will receive a code to purchase tickets on our website. There will be no game day sales at the door. More information is available in the Athletic section of the website.
- Congratulations to our fall athletes named First Team All AAC. The Board of Education recognized them during a virtual tribute last week:
- Cross Country: Nick Plant, Blake Baker, Cameron Burnett, Delaney O’Brien
- Golf: Nick Beistel, Connor Daggett, Bryce Daggett, Jackie Kinnick, Eileen McHale, Madison Murphy, Ava Staebler, Haley Tisone
- Tennis: Anna Kan, Gia Francisco, Amelia Francisco
- Volleyball: Abbie Householder
- Soccer: Ibrahim Barakat, Joe Backhaus, Morgan Carey, Marissa Ieraci, Mike Mercure, Cadin Tsvetkoff, Lauren Yohman
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Personally, I have so many things to be thankful for and one of those is being able to serve in the Canfield Local School District. I am thankful for our teachers, support staff, administration, parents, and students who come ready to learn each day. While this Thanksgiving will be a little smaller than most of us are used to, take time to be thankful for those seated at your table, connect with others over a “Google Gobbler Meet”, enjoy time with your children, and most importantly... please stay safe.
Joe Knoll, Superintendent
Honor our past...shape our future!