I would like to welcome you to the first edition of “Tuesdays With Mr. Knoll” for the 2021-2022 school year. Beginning today, and every other Tuesday, we will be emailing this publication as an effort to update our community about student and staff achievements, as well as upcoming district events. We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to the following email…CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net
- The 2021-2022 school year is off to a fantastic start! I want to thank our administration, faculty and staff for all their hard work over the summer to make our opening a success!
- Thank you PTA for purchasing shirts for the entire staff with our district theme, Every Cardinal Counts!
- Parents/guardians, please continue to notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. If your child tests positive over a weekend or holiday, please email our nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positive case information will be updated on our website under the COVID-19 Informational Dashboard. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and post the letter on our website. Phone calls will continue to be made to close contact students as well. Also, please assess your child(ren) daily for a temperature and symptoms. If above 100 degrees OR symptoms are present, please keep your child at home. Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- We will follow the protocols of the state and/or local Health Department regarding quarantines. If an individual is exposed to COVID in a K-12 Classroom setting and is wearing a mask or fully vaccinated, they may remain in school and participate in extracurriculars and athletics as long as they have no symptoms. However, if an individual is exposed to COVID-19 in a K-12 Classroom setting and is NOT wearing a mask or fully vaccinated, they WILL have to quarantine from school, extracurriculars, and athletics for the 10 days with an opportunity to return after 7 days pending a negative PCR test performed at least 5 days after exposure.
- A reminder to our Cardinal families and visitors that all athletic ticket sales will be online for ALL home games at CHS and CVMS. There are no tickets sold at the gate. Tickets may be purchased on our website under “Athletic Department” then “Ticket Sales”, as we are excited to once again see fans in the stands this year!
- We would like to say congratulations to all of our students who participated in the Junior Fair at the Canfield Fairgrounds this year. Please forward us information concerning individual results - we would love to recognize our students in our next issue of Tuesdays.
- Congratulations Oliver Kovass! He was named the Vindicator’s High School Player of the Week for football.
- The National School Lunch Program is providing FREE meals for ALL students for the 2021-2021 school year. According to the USDA, students will have free meals as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic. Students must take 3 (milk, vegetable, and fruit) to get lunch for free! Students are encouraged to still have money in their PaySchools account for additional purchases such as the snack bar, extra entrees, extra milk, etc.
- The Canfield Local School District Community Tailgate is back! Join us on Friday, September 17, 2021, from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. at the High School before the game. You can meet our new administrators, cheer with our cheerleaders, and listen to our band as they get the crowd pumped up for the game. There will also be family friendly activities for our youngest cards! Free hot dogs and chips will be served! The event is rain or shine.
- The 46th Annual Show of Bands is Saturday, September 11, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. at Cardinal Stadium. Tickets will be sold at the gate (no online sales). $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for seniors and students (sorry, no Canfield Athletic passes accepted).
- Join our cheerleaders for a Cheer Showcase on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, from 6:00-7:00 p.m.in the Canfield High School gymnasium. This event replaces the Canfield Fair Cheer Showcase that was canceled due to weather.
- Thank you Canfield Fire Department for providing “Stop the Bleed” training to our staff this year.
- Mark your calendar! Homecoming is Friday, September 24, 2021, the court and Queen will be announced before the game begins. Kickoff is at 7:00 p.m. The dance is on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
- We are hosting our inaugural Champion Day on Thursday, September 16, 2021, for students with special abilities. Students will experience the game day thrill of being announced as they make their way through an on field tunnel to participate in various activities. Thank you to the participating districts and to those helping to make this day memorable for the champions and their families.
Have a great school year!!
Joe Knoll, Superintendent