October 13, 2020
We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net.
- As you are aware, the county has been designated RED in the Ohio COVID-19 Public Health Advisory Alert System. We are proud of the efforts our students and staff are taking while in school. Our students are doing an outstanding job with wearing masks, washing hands, maintaining social distance, and being respectful of others' space. We are asking you, our parents and guardians, to help us when our students are at home. Please encourage your children to limit social interactions that are not outdoors or do not have adequate social distancing or masks. Please keep in mind that Emergency Remote Learning may occur in a classroom, building, or district wide if the need arises.
- It is highly recommended that parents or guardians notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. All positive case information in our district will be updated on our website under the Restart 2020 section. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and will post the letter on our website. Keep up the vigilance Canfield!
- Please keep in mind the symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever, cough, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath. If your child develops any of these symptoms please keep your child home from school and contact your child’s physician if their symptoms worsen.
- There is a Renewal Levy on the November 3, 2020 ballot. The renewal will NOT increase taxes. The renewal will allow the district to continue day to day operations such as technology, utilities, bus fuel, classroom and safety supplies without interruption. The levy was originally passed in 1986 and most recently renewed in 2015. It will now have a 10 year renewal period.
- It’s almost time for a beloved tradition in Canfield...Halloween. As you are well aware, our Restart 2020 Plan indicates that there will be no visitors or classroom volunteers. However, we still want to “Honor our past” by celebrating Halloween. All K-12 students may wear simple, non- distracting, school appropriate costumes on Friday, October 30, 2020. Students must wear a cloth face mask. Each school will be sharing specific details with parents and students.
- It’s National School Lunch Week! The theme, “Now Playing: School Lunch!” puts the spotlight on the importance of a healthy school lunch in a child’s life. The National School Lunch Program is providing FREE meals for ALL students for the 2020-2021 school year. Students must take 3 (milk, vegetable, and fruit) to get lunch for free! Students will be charged for extra items.
- Thank you Dr. Shaer and Cecilia Shaer, a CHS 2017 graduate, for making and donating masks to the CHS staff. #MaskUpCanfield
- Thank you School Counseling Department for a fantastic Start With Hello Week! We will continue to reinforce this all year.
- Congratulations Aurora Fares! Her charcoal drawing entitled "The Stare" is currently on display in Columbus at the Ohio House of Representatives Student Art Exhibit until May 2022.
- Congratulations Brennan Beil! He committed to further his academic and athletic career in Track & Field at Baldwin Wallace University next year.
- Congratulations to our undefeated 7th grade Football team as well as our CHS Football team on making it to the playoffs! We take on Kenston this Friday, October 16, 2020, at home at 7:00 p.m. Good luck Cards and stay safe!
- It’s National Principals Month and we would like to thank Mr. Flood, Mr. Lavery, Mr. Maroni, Mr. Moldovan, Mr. Rubin and Mr. Shields. Your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated!
- CHS is looking for Canfield alumni actively serving or those honorably discharged to feature in our 2020 Veterans Day Assembly. Send a picture in uniform, name, graduating year, and branch to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 30, 2020.
- Canfield High School will induct 50 students into the National Honor Society at the 62nd Annual Induction Ceremony. This ceremony was postponed last Spring due to Emergency Remote Learning. Congratulations to the following inductees:
Thank you and have a great week Canfield!
Joe Knoll, Superintendent
Honor our past...shape our future!